Acceptable Use Policy
- Detective Desk, and its subsidiaries, divisions and related web sites (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Detective Desk”) Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") describes the proper kinds of conduct and prohibited uses of Detective Desk’s services (the "Services"), as described and subscribed to pursuant to the applicable Terms and Conditions. The AUP is not exhaustive and Detective Desk reserves the right to modify the AUP at any time, effective upon posting of the modified AUP to www.detectivedesk.com. By registering for and using the Services, and thereby accepting the terms and conditions of the Agreement, you agree to abide by the AUP as modified from time to time. Any violation of the AUP may result in the suspension or termination of your account and such other action as Detective Desk deems appropriate.
You may use Detective Desk for the following purposes, given they are lawful:
- to verify customer data, new or existing
- track individuals who have changed address
- locate debtors
All other uses are strictly prohibited, however here is a brief list of other unacceptable uses:
- locating individuals for non-commercial purposes
- harassment, spam, or anything unethical
- scraping or attempting to harvest a significant portion of our database
- all automated requests by use of a script or computer program
- You understand that Detective Desk's data may not be accurate, and there is no warranty over the validity of any records in our database. You will not hold us liable for any inaccuracies.
- You agree not to use Detective Desk to send unsolicited SMS, email, phone calls, or any other communication. All communication mediums are provided for ethical and lawful purposes only on a fair use basis.
- Fair use of our service relates to the volume of queries generated to our service or the costs associated with certain queries. Excessive usage may result in termination of your account or the disabling of individual features of the service.
- Each account is intended for use on one device per day. Monthly subscribers can change which device is authorized more than once per day, however excessive changes which appear to indicate account sharing is not acceptable.
- If you are making calls with our data, you are not welcome to tell subjects where their contact details were obtained. Unwanted calls from your subjects asking for removal or alteration of their details may result in termination of your account.
- We will make all attempts to provide a stable and reliable service. All efforts are made to keep our services available 99.9% of the time.
- You agree to provide us with up-to-date contact information of at least one person in your organization responsible for this agreement.
- You are responsible for your login details and any information submitted to our service. You will not provide login details to those outside your organization and understand that we will disable and change your credentials if we believe your account has been misused.
- You may not change ownership of, or resell your account. Discounts applied to accounts are not transferable to other account holders.
- Monthly subscription fees are due prior to usage. Lapse of fees may result in termination of your account.
- If you choose to use our Day Pass system, you understand that a Day Pass is linked to a single browser. Switching to another browser, computer, or device, will not transfer your Day Pass.
- If you choose to use our Day Pass system, you achknowledge that we are not responsible for changes to your local computer that may cause a day pass to invalidate. Clearing your browser cache or cookies, running intrusive antivirus software, running "speed-up" software, are examples of actions that may invalidate your day pass. We will not refund day passes in part or in whole due to user error or client configuration.
- This agreement does not transfer any intellectual property rights or data rights to you.
- You must comply with all privacy legislation, the Do Not Call Register, and any other legal requirements for your jurisdiction. You agree to not hold Detective Desk liable if you breach any privacy legislation, and you understand that Detective Desk does not provide legal advice.
- You agree to keep all communication with Detective Desk and it's employees confidential.
Updated: 11 November 2013